SEASONAL SPANISH RECIPE: Our take on Huevos Rotos Royale
Posted By: Málaga Food Guide – Málaga Province
From time to time we all crave some comfort food. This recipe does just that and is really simple, especially for a mid week simple supper.
2 Large Baking Potatoes
1 Large Onion
1 Packet of Good Hand Cut Ham
Salsa Picante / Hot Sauce
1. Peel the potatoes and dice into 1 inch squares, put in a saucepan of boiling water and parboil them for around 5 minutes.
2. Strain the potatoes and allow to dry for a few minutes.
3. Peel and slice the onion and fry until lightly brown, remove from the pan.
4. Saute the diced potato in a little oil until golden and then add the fried onion to them.
5. In a jug mix 2/3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, with 1/2 tablespoons of ketchup and add the salsa picante to taste. Finely chop 6/8 cornichons and mix in to the sauce.
6. Fry the eggs.
7. To serve, first add the potato and onion, then layer over the hand cut ham. Add the sauce mixture and finally top with the fried eggs.
Launched in 2014 The Málaga Food Guide continues to be the Leading Gourmet's Guide celebrating the vibrant and eclectic Food & Lifestyle scene in Málaga Province - quantified by our Users, Web Traffic & Search visibility on both Google & Bing
Daily Food & Drinks News together with our latest Restaurant Reviews, Food Events, our Guest Chef´s Seasonal Recipes with Lifestyle, Health, Wealth and Motoring Features ...SALUD!